Friday 12 January 2018

No.1 Welcome to my blog

Well hello

1st time blogger so let me give you a little introduction to my story so far .....

I was born 1975 .... skip forward 16 years and i left school pretty much as a nobody, an overweight short nobody with no idea on what i was going to do with this life i had in front of me. I lacked confidence, skills, abilities, and was useless at most things i tried to do. (Dont worry the happy parts come later in the story)

I had a strange relationship with my parents and mainly grew up at my grandparents house so when i left school it was not long before i found myself out in the big wide world on my own. I was currently in the North West after growing up in Cornwall and when i left for the big wide world I ended up at my uncles in Bournemouth and started working in a kitchen as a pot wash but soon became a chef, not great for someone who was already overweight and loves food :) ha.
A year later i was back in Cornwall at my Nan’s trying my hand as hairdresser this time, why i dont know i guess i was just going with the flow at whatever came my way, after some time i ended back in the North West again as a chef and i guess this is where i felt life went in the wrong direction.

I got into clubbing and drinking as you do at the age of 18 and decided i wanted to be a Dj (when dj’s were geeks and carried vinyl records around, long before it became the Kool thing to do) and i was doing the whole get drunk, off my face, pretend life is great then complain on Monday morning i had to go to work ! A lot of times I didn’t and it was at this stage of life i had many many jobs, mainly because my weekend antics stopped me from being any good at anything during the week. Its funny because i see people do the same thing and they dont seem to see it, its them, its not life thats kicking them in the arse giving them the bum deal all the time it is all down to them. It is only now i can look back at my life and see i was that idiot that believed life hated me and why was i always ill blah blah blah.
I should also note i became type 1 diabetic when i was 20 so this kind of weekend behaviour was pretty bloody stupid for someone like me but i did it anyway, looking back i am lucky to be alive to be fair. I was a 1st class tool ! Didnt listen to anyone didn’t listen to the doctors and didnt listen to my body.

This style of life carried on for 15 years, yes i had some amazing times Dj’ing and i did pretty well but not money wise. The money was always gone by end of the weekend and it was back to work to pay the rent. This was my life, my routine, 15 years of the same thing on repeat - weekend started on a Friday, Dj fri night sat night with after parties sometimes lasting all day until i had to go back out again the following evening, Monday complain life is shit. Tuesday the same, Wednesday say im never doing this again, Thursday start to feel normal and hey ho we are back at Friday and do it all again .......... for 15 years !

So i am going to leave this post here and continue another day with the next chapter of my life - the start of something great !

Yes we will eventually get some to some mtb stories soon ;) i have lots to share, pictures, videos and some proper blogs that are not just a page of me blabbing on ha. But for know i will say chow and leave with a smile on my face as i look forward to a more possitive post for the next chapter and paint the picture of how we got to today.

Thanks for reading
Rene





No comments:

Post a Comment