Friday 19 January 2018

2017 continued part 3

The day after the enduro (previous blog) i woke up after the rough night feeling pretty good, Sam txt me to see if i was still going to ride Revolution and i decided i would go along and just take it easy. I packed the van up left the campsite and headed off towards Revs to find a cafe for the lads to meet me at. This was my 2nd time at revs and all though i love the place, im shit at riding it. Especially the steep technical stuff, but even though i was pretty tired after the enduro i still gave it a shot. 

Bit of a long video but some funny moments and crashes.



Summer was going great and it was soon time for mine and Luca’s annual Cornwall trip (i was born and grew up in Cornwall so its somewhere we go often) I had just built up a jump bike for Luca so he had a bike he could ride on holidays and in the street at home without getting jumped for his bike. This was a good chance to get him more confident on a bike and we hit the track in Portreath for some dirt jumps. I was on my hardtail but found it a bit too big for this type of riding. This year i shall be taking my jump bike. 




Luca’s first air time 🙌




And a bit of paddle boarding at the beach. 




looking through videos of 2017 it seems this blog will be more videos and less chat, i am sure i will get much better at the blogging thing when i can write the adventures as they happen in 2018, its a little harder to remeber everything we did last year so these are more warm up blogs ready for the adventures this year.



Videos from the rest of 2017.

Me and Jimmy at Degla with the kids ...




Luca full run at Steel City (Grenoside woods) He wants to enter the race but cant until he is 10. 




And myself on a full run, I shall be putting my name in for a race ticket again. Maybe this year I will get in. 




Longboards at Southport 




Me and Sam at farmer Johns 




And as featured on GMBN’s dirt shed show this was Luca’s progression session.




Luca’s jump bike I made 


And some upgrades the to the Santa Cruz 


A new jump bike for me 😁


The jump bike is for winter, me Sam & Chris all got one and started to hit rampworx skatepark. Wow this is hard ! Nothing like mountain biking at all. Chris and Sam seem to get it quicker than me and I spent my first few sessions in the bowl trying to 180. 




Once I had this nailed I started having more fun at the skatepark, until I concentrated too much on how high my front wheel was getting and forgetting to do the 180 ! I hit the deck like a sack of spuds 😩 concrete hurts and using my enduro foam knee pads seemed like a good idea as they fitted under my jeans but not good when I hit the deck. Bruised and battered but no broken bones just my ego. 


And the new winter bike 


Winter night rides have never been so much fun ! Near where I live there are some local woods up at the beacon, I would normally head up to the point and back down in a little loop that would take just under a hour. Now I go up and over the beacon and down to the canal and back up through more woods before looping back home, still in the same hour. Its great, you just get to ride twice as far in the same time. 

I took it to Gisburn and Degla when I was on my own and got round both in 1hr, over 20k of trails in 1 hr, what a thrill this is. Hopefully this year I will get out on some longer rides in the lakes and peaks, rides my Diabetis would normally stop me from doing. I still use the Santa Cruz when with the lads and at bike parks but for pedaling up hills and long distance or just getting out for a quick blast after work this bike is amazing. 

Some clips from Degla at night on the focus ...



It was time for another lads weekend away, Windhill and Bike park wales was on the menu. Did not get any videos from Windhill but what a place, we didn’t have a lot of time here as we drove down and also had to drive to Wales to get to the B&B and a table booked for tea. But we will be back one day for a full day session. 
Bike Park Wales this time was prob one we would never forget, well at least our friend Baz. Very unfortunate off on a berm and must of landed awkwardly as this happened ......


Ouch ! That is Baz off the bike for the rest of the year 😞 

here is some clips from that weekend.... 



And that pretty much brings us up to the end of the year, but the last day of the year is also my birthday and there was time for one more ride, this time a dad and lads ride around lady Channing’s. Great way to end the year for me with my little dude Luca riding and of course friends. 





and that is how we got to today ..... I really cant thank everyone enough for the memories 2017 gave me, with my friends and with my son Luca it truly was amazing. 
Here is to some great adventures in 2018 😊









No comments:

Post a Comment