Thursday 12 April 2018

Being broken sucks ***warning semi nude photos haha***

Well being broken sucks ! I officially hate cracking / breaking rubs its the worst 😩 

Its been 2 weeks since i had the off at Farmer Johns and things are not great but trying my best to stay positive and think i will be healed again soon. 
About 3 days after the crash I started to bruise ...

Which after 2 more days turned into this ....


Do you like my butterfly 🦋 scab hahaha 


Yep, its sore ! Haha

Want to see the crash again haha ....




I was a little worried with all the bruising so went to the hospital to get checked out, they checked my breathing and kidneys and said obviously have a couple cracked ribs and the bruise is just from the impact. It seems the padding i had on (my alpine shorts with padding on the thighs) spread the impact over a larger area which is what there designed to do, its s hame the small thin padding on the front of the top dont stop ribs cracking haha.

So 2 weeks later the bruising has gone down now but left me with an egg on my hip, i am guessing its fluid and will down but it currently looks i am about to give birth to an alien from my hip 🤣 


So not riding sucks, i went for a pedal the other day and couldn't even go off a kerb ! I did go to a off road path and soon as it got bumpy i had to head for tarmac as the ribs were being shook to much and it felt like someone was munching on the flesh and muscle between my ribs with razor sharp metal teeth. Not a good feeling. 
Luckily i have a new downhill frame to build up to kill some of the boredom. 

Its spring time its not been raining too much and i was hoping to enter Moalfre race in a couple weeks but that wont be happening, i am already entered into the Steel City race at Sheffield and this is one i really wanna do so i fingers crossed i can at least get a run or 2 in the week before the race and my ribs are better by then. Really wanna do this one and my son Luca wanted to enter but he is only 8 years old this year so he has another 2 years yet before he is allowed to enter. It would be good for him to see his dad in a race and i can make sure i already know the format of the day to make it smooth for him in 2 years if its still on then. 

**********************************

Sunday evening i did manage to get out on the longboard for a hour which was cool, it didnt hurt the ribs as much as i thought it would so was happy to just get out and cruise around a empty car park on the boards with the lads. 

I am back at the hospital today for an eye test for my diabetis as i may need to have laser eye surgery, diabetis problems 🙄🙄🙄

So while i am off work today and here already i am going to pop round to the walk centre as well to get them look at the alien head on my hip but also my hand, yes another part that hurts ! 
I thought my right wrist was just twisted or sprained and as all my pain and bruising was on the left hand side i didnt get the hand / wrist checked out but it seems there is very centralised pain on a bone at the boot of my hand near the thumb.
I will finish this blog off tonight after i can see again from the drops in my eyes that make it all blurred for a few hours and update on what they said about the alien and the hand.

Wish me luck 🤞 

*********************************

Well my eyes are good and no laser eye surgery needed, the new diet and less insulin and only having treats at weekend seems to be working well as the early signs of eye disease that were there a couple months ago have now gone. Im pretty glad i dont have to have someone burn my eye with a laser while i am awake haha.

The alien is just fluid so will go down, and no breaks in the right hand so all good. Just a waiting game for them to heal up with the ribs now. 

See you all on the trails very soon i hope 🤞 







No comments:

Post a Comment